Many times we might have asked ourselves ¿What are the keys to happiness?, we asked ourselves these types of questions in moments where we feel emotionally down, we feel and see that what surrounds us it´s stuck, quiet, we only see the negative in our lives, we asked ourselves how to be happy in difficult times and then we think what kind of tips are there to be happy ignoring our environment and people around us.
Really it doesn´t take much time and you don´t need to spend lots of money… It depends entirely on us, analyze the simple things that makes us happy and apply them on normal bases, you´ll see that material things doesn´t necessarily gives us a happy sensation to make us forget the bad things and negativity surrounding us, admitting that we will enjoy our life, truly happy, because we need to remember that we only have one life.
That´s why I´m gonna share with you some tips that can be simple and very useful, you´ll see that it can give us a truly and calm happiness that we need when nothing is going right!
1. Waking up with music: Yep! Putting some music when you just get up in the mornings… It won´t change the course of your day, but when we start our day with music that we like and inspire us it makes our day more kind and happy, because when we hear our favorites tunes, we bust some moves and sing some lines, everything in us changes and we feel happier.
2. Get off the means of transport one stop before: Thanks to the music we already have that great attitude! So it won´t be such a bad idea to get off one stop before your destination and walk to your job or school, while you sing, kinda bust a move and kinda smile, you watch people pass through you and sudden you have visions of how you want your day to be, what you can accomplish with this great attitude. While you walk, breathe some fresh air, listen to those great tunes that lift your spirits, you become more positive and see what you can accomplish that day in a very positive and awesome way.
3. Eat loads of chocolate and don´t regret it: For me, this is THE most important tip of all… Yes! I´m addicted to chocolate and when we eat a piece of that chocolate that we absolutely looooveeee, we taste that sweetness that our chip changes in an instant, our happy hormone goes all the way to the maximum point of ecstasy when we reach the point of happiness and pleasure.
4. Spending and hearing your loved ones: Not necessarily you have to hear out all their problems and misfortunes… Nop… It´s more than that, it´s sitting with them, meet at some place, hear and tell funny stories, important life and personal events, old funny stories or anecdotes, where jokes come out tha´ll make you pee of laughter.
5. Singing out loud and higher as you can: It´s been told many times that singing gladdens the soul and spirit, making everyone of us a lot happier and fun… And for me, that´s a true fact. When you sing or hum a song or melody that you really like, you get transported to a place where there´s no worries, you think of all you wanna achieve, the lovely moments you have lived and what is left for you to conquer.
6. Don´t pretend or force your relationships: There´s times where we try to be strong for others… Some other times we try to force or create a relationship in love or friendship, we try to be the adviser in our friends and family life… But at the end, we don´t realize nor do they, that sometime you need that kind of support and help. If there´s not a true connection with those who you might think of them as loving partner, friend or loved family member, don´t try to be that person close enough to be part of their lives giving advise and forcing to have same interests or taste. When you have a real relationship with true connections it´s a valuable moment for life, you can do more for yourself and loved ones if it´s a true sentiment and relationship with those you really care about than those who there´s no connection, if you want true happiness and calm in your life be true in every relationship you have.
7. JUST FOR WOMEN: ¿Having a bad day? Get your nails done and paint them red… Yes, red. Red is very vibrant and powerful color, it renews your energy is color for perseverance, love and celebration. That´s why lots of time when we wanna change and renew ourselves and our energy, we immediately go to paint our nails red, our lips, or wear something red.
8. Dance in front of the mirror: Damn, there´s times that we need to liberate ourselves… And sometimes dancing or subtle body movements chains to a rhythm let the stress go away from our body, dancing in front a mirror is better than not to – jajajaja- believe me… It´s a way of self liberation which we don´t do it regularly, but if you feel better, see a better person in you and feel super happy, then it´s worth doing it.
9. Learn manual and creative activities: Painting, knitting, playing an instrument, it allows us to liberate tensions and relax. We show and let go of sentiments and emotions that we can renew and we feel happy just by letting flow all those things, it becomes a therapy and an interesting piece of art.
10. Judge less and accept more: If we don´t like to be judged then we shouldn´t do it either… Many times when we´re feeling low disappointed and/or sad, we tend to judge every soul that goes through us and our path, and we think that we´ll liberate the stress and tension from us. Believe me, it´s not gonna do any good for our situation, and we see that the time we judge it´s just because we want to show the same confidence and image on us but we can´t do it and then we bitter. We need to be more open-minded, more accepting and more chill so we don´t judge nor will be judged by other.
11. ¿New series? Neeehhh, Let´s check the old ones: There´s time that when we´re going to sleep, right before and after a long and stressful day, we start searching for new series -using it as a method to going to sleep- and there´s ocassions that the searching of new and attractive series for us becomes stressful making us mad and annoyed… That´s why when you see again old series that you really like, you know what´s going to happen, but despise that, you watch them because you know that you won´t worry about missing something from that show. It allows us to relax and let the fatigue kick in to make us sleep!
12. Don´t travel for style just find a great space you´ll enjoy: Yes traveling is fun and cool, specially when you travel in style… But there´s times that those travels become a little stressful because something goes wrong, you didn´t like the service or your actually not relaxing for some reason. The stress and the bad temper can kill the buzz and the trip… That´s why when you find any space that you really like you enjoy it more, you´re happier and positive, it can be a park, somewhere in your home, a theater…Wherever! But it must make you feel at peace and happy, like something big is gonna happen and you´re going to enjoy it.
13. Details matter: They don´t need to expensive, big or flashy… No!… Little details, small details, simple details… They´re the details that can change the mood, the energy of a space or area, those little details that have a meaning and makes you happy. Those are the most special details to keep you happy all day long.
14. Organize your day and plans: And I can say this, I´ve experienced it myself… At least once every month organize your plan and agenda, every time you organize your agenda, your closet…anything, the energy around yo renews and becomes a serene and pleasant place making you feel happy!
15. Improve your mental abilities: Not only for exercising your brain and mind, but also because a lot of times you honestly have fun in the process. Play jenga, Crosswords, puzzles… any game you like!
16. Buy natural flowers and/or plants: Living things, colorful things, plants full of color and aromas increases in us happiness.
17. Don´t try to change someone: It´s harder and more stressful than you think. Each one of us decides if we wanna change, become a better us or not, but if someone close to us doesn´t want to change don´t even try to do it, don´t force it… Just decide when and how is the moment to be with them and when is enough so you can keep your happy spirits up!
18. Laugh hard and loud, so everyone can hear you: Don´t force it, let it be natural! When we laugh our happy hormone is working right, making us happy, passionate, funny, renewed and positive in every aspect. Don´t let what other might think of your laugh get in your way, if we wanna be happy at any time and we feel like laughing, that´s just showing everyone else that we have achieved the maximum level of happiness and then they will be jealous of us… In a good way.
19. ¿Bad day? Keywords: Let´s change our vocabulary, let´s make everything disappear just by using key word that lets our happiness be in it´s full self, let those words become actions so you can keep being happy always: I have cravings, I want, I don´t care, It is on! Those are words that when they become actions makes you really happy… Like when you´re craving for pizza, you want an ice cream, you don´t care if you want to party a Thursday or it is on a bet of something you feel can achieve and win.
Remember that most of the times, simple things creates our happiest moments, so if you feel your stuck in a bad moment or a low feeling just practice these simple tips… See ya´ll soon! ✌